Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Soft Skirts + Tough Shoes

Literally just last night I was thinking about how I have no shoes. You see, girls have these irrational thoughts every now and then because I literally have a ton of shoes. So I decided to go through all of my shoes because the problem is my closet is so mishapen that I can't see the shoes that I actually have. I came across a pair of black worn-in combatty leather boots and was contemplating whether or not I want to wear them this year for a good ten minutes. Ten minutes I'll never get back. But just when I was thinking about how harsh they look and how they don't go with anything I own, I see a pair of how they can be worn oh-so-perfectly. The key? You've got to mix them with something entirely delicate on top. It won't work with a biker jacket and cargos. The fact that this dress is demure and floral and wispy means that the Doc Martens are unexpected and roughen up the light material. They seem to work together in the strangest way. So maybe I can wear those black leather boots after all. Maybe not in the way that I had envisioned but with some lighter dresses and softer skirts. 


(photo: courtesy of Vanessa Jackman)

No comments:

Post a Comment