Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Return of the Sock

I finally--finally--just put away the last of my sandals in my effort to go more Fall. Even though it's still scorching in LA, I think it's time to swap out my t-straps for oxfords once and for all. But considering the temps, shorts, skirts and dresses seem to still be on the agenda. So I could go bare legged, yes. After all, not quite ready for textured tights. I have though been seeing a lot of pictures of dames wearing ankle socks in Fall and Winter colors and I think I like the idea. They've got to be worn pretty low, hit close to where the shoe actually hits, and have something delicate about them. I prefer the thin knits to the chunky wools. Scalloped edges are my favorite right now in muted neutrals or greys paired with mahogany penny loafers or cream colored socks with my brown ankle boots. It's a way of introducing Fall into your look with one easy--and inexpensive--add-on without going completely off the deep-end. Plus, if it's not for you, it's simple to swap-out. It may take a sec to get used to, but be warned, it's alarmingly comfortable.



(photo: courtesy of Altamira NYC)

No comments:

Post a Comment