Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Cameo makes a Comeback

I absolutely love what I've just read. The cameo is making a comeback. I've long lusted after these delicate pieces of jewelry if only because they always seem to have such history. I love that you wear them as a necklace and I even more love the idea of using them as a pin and wearing them well into your later years in different incarnations and with different outfits. This image is just the beginning of where the cameo can go. And while the "trend" may be coming back, remember that a cameo is a beautiful investment piece, an heirloom really that tells a story, can pass along heritage and can stay in families for generations. Even if you don't have one in your family, it can be fun to find one at a flea market or antiques fair and come up with a storied past to make your own.


(photo: courtesy of Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment