Sunday, September 18, 2011

Short and Sweet

Now that Fall is allegedly here (you couldn't tell by L.A.'s balmy weekend weather), I've been itching to clean out my closet. I even think my sweaters may need an overhaul before I fold them ever-so-neatly for the cold weather picking. But before I get ready to purge, this pic reminds me that I can't be too picky when it comes to length. My first instinct would be to chuck anything that didn't hit at just the right point right at my hips. I find that length the most flattering. But what if I tried a sweater that's a bit shorter and paired it with a longer oxford shirt underneath, saving it from the Goodwill pile once and for all. Paired with a pair of lace-ups or loafers and some sleek pants and it's all of a sudden a prepsters paradise. The proportions are against what I've ever been willing to consider but I think that they certainly can work. The case has been made.


(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment