Monday, August 8, 2011

Western Accent Pieces

Even though I still don't ever wear them, I'm oft busy extolling the virtues of a belt. They give you a waist where you don't have one and add a polished look to really any look. I love that this girl, spotted in Chicago over the weekend, resurrected an old school, Western-style belt here...silver tips and all. I think it's the perfect accent to the really feminine, flowy skirt and the soft brown and blush colors really go quite well together. I hadn't seen one of these in a while but it got me thinking of all the things that it would look so great with! Finish off the last days of Summer by looping this style of belt through faded jean shorts, or belt a longer tunic. Come fall, I think the silver is rich and far less expected than the gold accents that everyone is going to be after. Stand out from crowd and go after an oldie but a goodie.


(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment