Monday, August 22, 2011

It's all in the Details

Sometimes I really do like to think that it's all in the details. Case in point, my mixed-media jacket from last year. Mixed media means that it utilizes two fabrics (wool and leather) and I can honestly say that I have never in my life received so many compliments on a single article of clothing. I love little details like that, like a pocket made of leather seen here. It's so nice to have an unexpected update to something that otherwise would be straight off the shelves at your local J. Crew (not that there is anything wrong with that). I think if you're feeling particularly crafty, you can assign old clothes with new leather details (picking out the fabric for yourself), or just look for new designs with fresh accents. 


(photo: courtesy of Vanessa Jackman)

No comments:

Post a Comment