Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fall's Color Palette

I know, I know, it's hotter than hell outside. You're lounging around in your bikini, or me in my Summer uniform of cut-up boyfriend jeans and a raggedy James Perse tee. But as much as I love these lazy Summer days, the OCD in me is ramping up, thinking about Fall. I'm trying to think of all the ways that I can use what I've loved about Summer and integrate them into the best Fall looks. The blushes and neutral tones that I have loved through Summer just got a little big deeper and more intense for Fall. Bright oranges go rusty, and citrusy lemon gets into a deep mustard hue. This color is a great representation of everything that is great about Fall. The reds, oranges and blushes are pretty much universally flattering so anyone can enjoy their depth, plus they're a bit more office appropriate than all the brights and neons that the warm weather necessitates. Go ahead, get ready for Fall!

(photo: Courtesy of Color Collective)

No comments:

Post a Comment