Thursday, August 4, 2011

FIRST LOOK: Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's

Designer collaboration with a fast-fashion retailer. Yada yada yada, you've heard it before. And you've certainly seen me get excited before. But what about Karl Lagerfeld. I mean, hello, that kind of takes the cake. Considering the rise of Chanel prices, owning a piece of Lagerfeld's design history seems just about as distant a reality as ever. So how to get your own piece of the genius? His collection for Macy's is actually quite nice, I must say. It doesn't really have that cheap look to it that the collections for H&M and Target so often do. I'm guessing that Macy's prob used a bit better fabrics than the others would. The designs are like Chanel on a pint-sized budget. A lot of really thoughtful knits and designs and shapes that are ladylike while still being approachable. They don't scream Macy's, but they are purring my name...and I may just listen!


(photo: courtesy of Macy's)

No comments:

Post a Comment