Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Classic Revisted: The Peacoat

I remember one of the outfits I wore all the time sophomore year of college so well. I was very reliant on my peacoat that first semester and loved wearing a sweatshirt underneath so it peaked out. It was my way of looking every bit as preppy as the rest and adding a bit of street cred with the hoodie underneath. Needless to say I haven't really been able to wear a peacoat since but the designs from Jil Sander for Uniqlo remind me why I loved mine so much. Hers is such a delicious wool and cut that it screams for the streets of New York, but how to make it work in LA? I'd swap out the buttons for sure, and maybe add  on some kind of faux fur collar to give it a bit of flare. No matter, the cuts are timeless and seems like Uniqlo has some great bets for Fall.

(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment