Monday, June 13, 2011

The Great Outdoors

Scenes from this weekend's backyard barbecue? Not quite. I actually found this fun pic taken from the shenanigans at the resort shows going on right now. This pinata parade is at Stella McCartney's resort show which just looks like a helluva good time. The image looks equal parts South of the Border vacation and Americana just in time for the 4th of July. I love the haphazard mix of prints and stripes that come in the predictable red, white, and blue (on her) and sherbet neons (on the pinata). It looks like an ordinary scene but I bet it makes you think what you'd wear to all of this Summer's upcoming barbecues. I'd say challenge yourself to a cute skirt or dress every time. For me, I like to think they're something to aspire to. Work around that first piece and figure out what shoes work (gots to be comfy) and if it's going to get cool (a denim jacket is a failsafe).

(photo: courtesy of @RoopalPatel)

No comments:

Post a Comment