Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Appearance of a Smaller Waist

I know this is a dreaded conversation but as you get older and things kind of shift around, I notice the one thing that I keep coming back to is that I want a smaller waist. But, let's face it, that isn't happening anytime soon. It's just not in my DNA (remember, I'm a rectangle). So, here's a picture that shows a really flouncy, bouncy skirt and the volume of the skirt alone makes the waist look incredibly smaller by comparison. I think if you've got skirts that have a little extra room, you can even take it to a tailor and have them add layers. The more volume means the smaller your waist will look in comparison. Just be careful to not get too out of control or you'll just end up looking way wide, which would defeat the purpose altogether. 

(photo: courtesy of Atlantic Pacific)

No comments:

Post a Comment