Sunday, May 8, 2011

Street Style Inspiration of the Day

A few months back, I was lucky enough to meet and interview Dame Viv Westwood. And boy was that a treat. She's really become quite famous for a certain silhouette. It's a bit of a bustier that really looks quite good on anyone and being the Brit that she is, she loves her a tartan plaid. I saw this street style photo and I immediately thought of her and that lovely convo we had (that ended up being about anything BUT fashion). I always see her designs and think I have no business wearing them but seeing the plaid interpreted in such a new way was an interesting and modern take on some British designs. Could I make them more American--and in the same way, more my own? This blogger def got the memo and did her best and I think she does so quite well. Plus the way she breaks up the pattern by wearing it with a basic white tee is totally my speed. What do you think?

(photo: courtesy of The Glamourai)

No comments:

Post a Comment