Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Shrinking Handbag

For years now I've been toting around oversized bags that let me carry two pairs of shoes at once--and everything else I need to go straight from work to events or dinner at night. They may get heavy, but I NEED everything inside (or at least that's what I tell myself). But after looking at all the street style photographs of editors taken during this past Fashion Week, I noticed more than one carrying around small pouches that looked like pencil cases to me. Instead of carrying around the kitchen sink (which I'm inclined to do), these easy-to-carry bags were small, chic, and came in some enviably bright colors. I've found my very own version in an unstructured clutch from Clare Vivier in cobalt blue, but I highly recommend the exercise of downsizing. I guarantee you won't even miss that big ole bag once it's gone.

 (photos: courtesy of Chictopia)

1 comment: