Thursday, April 21, 2011

Borrowing from the Kids

A few years ago, Stella McCartney did a kids collection for the Gap and I remember vividly seeing one of my friends dressed in the same sweater that I could have sworn she had bought for her daughter. Turns out she liked the design so much she snatched herself up an XL at the time (and did so before they sold out!). So, now that Stella has launched her own kidswear brand, I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea to check out what she's got and maybe snatch something from the boys' section. This little bandleader jacket would be super cute, worn shrunken over something as simple as a white tee and given then it's fitted, an XL could prob fit all my petite friends out there. I'm guessing the arms would be too short on me, but if the price is right, I could always have it altered into an uber-cool vest to wear over dark grey sweaters and American Apparel sweatshirts come fall. I'm that resourceful!

(photo: courtesy of Madison Avenue Spy)

No comments:

Post a Comment