Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What are YOUR must-haves?

I remember reading a magazine article forever ago about the benefits of having a few investment pieces and staples in one's wardrobe. I remember the pics that went with the piece. These uber-stylish girls posing next to a nearly empty rolling rack. It only held a few nice pieces that were everything to these women. I've started thinking about the pieces and staples that make up my rolling rack and I think it's time for a bit of a natural selection to take place. Gonna focus on what works for me. For jeans? I've been reliant on J Brand for a while (with the occasional Gap Denim all-star) and now I've been really into my MiH high-waisted flares. They're super long and give me a nice retro look that I've been jammin'. For tees? I keep going back to James Perse. I hate that they don't wear well, but they fit so well and I love how soft they are. I've been pretty loyal to J. Crew sweaters (their merino wools wear better than their cashmeres) and going to build this list out so I know what I like and what works best for me. Because in the end, we're all going to have our own faves and must-haves.



(photos: courtesy of Atlantis Home)

No comments:

Post a Comment