Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How To: Transitioning from Winter to Spring

It may be getting warmer, but it seems like only yesterday I fell in love with my Theory part leather jacket and beloved Helmut Lang wraparound number. Bottom line: I'm not quite ready to give them up yet. But looking at these pics and realizing I don't have to. I'm simply going to swap out what's underneath for the time being, pairing my wool and leather with some pretty soft prints and delicate fabrics. I think if I do it gradually, it won't be such shock and I can still get away wearing what I love and put off those big Spring purchases for just a little bit longer. But instead of all buttoned-up and even belted for winter, I'm gonna let my sweaters and jackets stay open, draped a bit, so that I stay casual cool as the warm up continues.


(photo: courtesy of Sincerely Jules)

No comments:

Post a Comment