Thursday, January 20, 2011

High Rise Styles

For the past what seems like forever, I've been relying heavily on my uniform of oversized shirts/tunics and skinny jeans. The proportion balances itself out and I've gotten comfortable and used to how I look and love a longer, blousier top. But now that I've introduced some high-waisted flares into the mix, it kind of throws my rotation up in the air. I can't wear my blousy tops because the proportions just wont work. Those fitted tees from Petit Bateau that I thought I'd sworn off of are back. I figure I can wear some of my button downs by tucking just one half in. I'm thinking a skinny belt is going to finish off the look, but know I need to edit my closet down to what works and what doesnt. It's going to be a little trial and error but if I am flaring on the bottom, thin is in up top.


(photo: courtesy of Fashionista)

No comments:

Post a Comment