Monday, December 13, 2010

Summer to Winter (and more)

I came across this awesome street style pic and got so excited about trying to recreate her look. But then I remembered the harsh reality: it's actually winter. So instead of clicking through to yet another image, I figured this one was worth another look (and a little more effort) considering it struck my eye the first time. Sure, the short hemline, low-cut top and open-toed shoes scream Indian summer. However, there are quick fixes to take it from warm weather to wintry wonderland. Thick wool tights are an easy pick (I'd even argue you could still wear those open toe shoes), as is a great wool circle scarf or even a chunky turtleneck paired under that blazer. The best part of that outfit I think is the fun pattern on the skirt and you really can wear something like that year round. You just have to be inventive enough to swap some things out and come up with a cozy alternative.


(photo: courtesy of Vanessa Jackman)

No comments:

Post a Comment