Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Old Photo, New Ideas

So everyone loves a sexy librarian and I am pretty sure that even though this photo from Madewell is old, their way of satisfying the trend is still just right. They're the kind of store that I really love but never manage to put the items together in the same cute way that they can. This outfit is pulled together from a ton of separates (jumper, button-down, belt, tie, oversized nerd-chic glasses), and yet i am pretty sure that none of them would look quite as good if worn separately. Dying to recreate the look, even if it's not with Madewell clothes. I know I have a button-down or two (or ten) and a jumper probably hiding somewhere in my closet. I never would have considered belting it, but I like the look, particularly with a tie peeking out from underneath. It's a great alternative to how I usually wear those separates and giving me a ton of cool new ideas. Since it's bearing down on the end of the year it's a great time to revisit some of the old classics and photos that made you stop and take notice. Old or new, it can all be tres inspiring!

(photo: courtesy of Madewell)

No comments:

Post a Comment