Monday, December 6, 2010

New Idea: A Pop of Color

Even though I don't have a warm-weather vacation on the agenda this year, I am starting to get a bit of cabin fever now that all my favorite online shops and stores are featuring resortwear. I'm all bundled up and all I see around me are tropical prints, embellished gladiator sandals and the most enticing bandeau bikinis. But even if I'm not going to a tropical clime, there is a way to translate resort's vivid colors into my regular look. Coming across this photo from cool new blog and I realized these bright colors were too good to pass up until the summer sun. SO, what's a girl to do? Easy, I can totally emulate this look, by pairing hypercolor-esque colors altogether in one look. Neutral accessories work best, but pinks on pinks, or hot oranges and corals actually look even fresher when worn together. If you're not jetting to a faraway island, don't want until July to try out this fun trend that'll make you smile. Do something unexpected and try the colors on now and you'll be instantly transported somewhere a little more exotic--and a lot more stylish.


(photo: courtesy of StyledOn)

No comments:

Post a Comment