Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cool New Idea from Into the Gloss

One of my favorite things to do is read home decorating magazines or design blogs that are way beyond my means. Aside from the eye candy it's like a puzzle trying to figure out if there is something (just something) that I can actually incorporate into my life (and my apt.). This cool new blog which covers all things beauty takes pictures of people's makeup displays and medicine cabinets that I find oddly fascinating. This particular shot (of NY social and model agent Jen Brill) shows how she stores her makeup brushes in her bathroom. Instead of searching for the perfect cannister (which I have done many a time, paying many a visit to Anthropologie), she used an old Diptyque candle as a beautiful, unexpected touch. It has an heirloom quality to it, is SO original, and kind of makes me swoon (and eagerly burn my Baies Diptyque in hopes of doing the exact same thing). Just goes to show that it doesn't have to be fashion to be totally inspiring and a great, stylish idea.

 (photo: courtesy of Into the Gloss)

No comments:

Post a Comment