Sunday, December 5, 2010

Another Great Gift Idea

Like oodles of other Americans, I am guessing you spent part of your weekend at least thinking about gifting for the holidays. Whether you logged online or browsed the racks, sales and seasonal finds are on everyone's list right now. I think one of the most foolproof gifts you can give and get is a great candle. Some of the nicer ones have become so expensive that it's hard to splurge on yourself but it makes for a hostess and birthday gift that anyone can appreciate and if you find one that you like, you can make it your signature for all the gift-giving holidays to come. Someone brought this Parisian-themed candle set to my attention and it's just so me. Scented like the famed La Duree macaroons, these special blends would look lovely on my coffee table and I am guessing anyone else would happily oblige, too. With a special nod to Paris (and a soft spot in my heart), these are a bit unexpected and unusual enough to be the ideal gift.

(photo: courtesy of Wall Street Journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment