Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Unexpected Nail Color

Yes, winter's most talked about nail shades are all deep, dark, and ominous. They're splattered with shimmer and confetti for the holidays and just downright dark for the rest of the time. I love me a dark nail but the other day, I caught myself still dreaming about that bright poppy orange lipstick that the J. Crew models were wearing (for those wondering, it was Nars in Funny Face). Clearly, I can't seem to get the refreshing color out of my mind. Since I'm not likely to really wear the color any other way (though a bright cardi could work), I am thinking a new nail color does the trick. This weekend I opted for Essie's Geranium. Sure, it's usually a summertime hue, but paired against my new black jacket and dark dreary winter ensembles, it's such a refreshing change of pace. Highly recommended if only because it's unexpected and different than what everyone else is doing. 


(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment