Monday, November 8, 2010

FOUND: Shareen Vintage

The Rose Bowl flea market is my worst nightmare. Ever. But when someone goes and comes back with the coolest stuff, I get insanely jealous and wonder why I don't have the patience to find those hidden gems. Well maybe I'll get a hall pass now that Shareen Vintage has made it onto my radar. An eclectic mix of what I'm told is "amazing" vintage, this takes the guess-work out of browsing and the hassle out of driving to Pasadena.  (Plus, my dear Manhattanites, there's a location in NYC). I am told that editors swear by their selection and it's one of the best kept secrets in town...until now. For those that love a retro fit (Hi, Andrea) or prefer the craftsmanship of yesteryear, this is an amazing place to find designs that no one else will be wearing. Buying vintage is an amazing way to set your style apart and something that I am still working on perfecting. Mixing high with low and old with new (see the Converse in the pic below) is the perfect way to incorporate vintage into your own, individual style. Visiting stores like Shareen Vintage and experimenting with their designs and selection is a great way to educate yourself and make you a savvier shopper--which let's face it, we all want to be.


(photo: courtesy of Shareen Vintage)

No comments:

Post a Comment