Thursday, October 28, 2010

Street Style Inspiration for the Weekend

I have mixed feelings about all those young bloggers out there who post photos of themselves traipsing around in the latest fashions. Intriguing? Always. Gratuitous? Sometimes. So when I come across one that doesn't strike a nerve, I add it to my blogroll and make sure to check back daily for updates. This young lady is not only gorge, but her outfit choices are "real" enough that I can actually get some ideas from seeing them. (Sea of Shoes. I mean, seriously. Come on now.) The skinny jeans are an obvious choice. Done and done. But that sleeveless button down? I've accumulated so many long-sleeved versions that maybe I should take one or two to the tailor and have her edit the sleeves off. Great idea! And buttoning it all the way up? I love it. I would have NEVER have thought to do it, but seeing it done so well, I'm now dying to try it too. Paired with a slouchy hobo bag and open toe shoes, the outfit is perfectly California and may be having you east coasters dreaming of a warmer summer's day. But no matter your locale, you're sure to score an idea or two from this young and inspired in-motion shot.


(photo: courtesy of Sincerely Jules)

No comments:

Post a Comment