Sunday, October 24, 2010

Line I May Love: Aldo

For some reason everywhere I go, I see ads for Aldo. Either they're taking over the world or I'm finally starting to notice some of their really cute shoes. This pair of bandage-y suede wedges happen to look a lot like the Jenni Kayne numbers I have been wearing for nearly two years on end now and I'm guessing they cost a bit less. I love a clunky shoe like it's my business and I actually think these would look cute with everything I've been slowly acquiring for fall/winter. Yes a ton are knockoffs which I'm not the biggest fan of, but I think if you're going to go trendy, why not find something affordable. That way you won't feel so bad when you stop wearing them 3-6 months down the line. Considering I kill my shoes (a shoe repair asked me in all seriousness if I purposely stepped in those subway grates in NYC), something a bit more wallet-friendly seems to be calling my name. I would have passed this store/brand over, but it's making me take another look.

(photo: courtesy of Aldo)

No comments:

Post a Comment