Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Great Trick

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Because I'm Addicted by cutie Geri Hirsch, and she was talking about a new way to look at shopping. She mentioned the store Maxfield in L.A., which I am pretty sure is beyond most people's reach. In fact, I like to think of it as a museum. You can look, but you best not touch. But Geri made a great point. Instead of thinking of the store as a place where she didn't belong (because she wasn't buying any of the big ticket items), she treated the store like a museum, a place she could look and learn and get some ideas of her own. Stores like Maxfield aren't always the most welcoming to people who aren't going to make a sale but I think when you look past that and see the store for what it means to you, it makes the experience a bit different. You give the store a different meaning and walk through it with different intentions--and have a little more confidence when you walk through those front doors. 

(photo: courtesy of Valet Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment