Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fast Fashion of the Day: Lanvin for H&M

So this image has been leaked just about everywhere getting those crazy Internets in a frenzy about H&M's latest collab. The problem I always find though (especially with H&M's capsule collections) is that it's next to impossible to get anything before it's sold out. You have to wait hours in line in the cold rain, and well, thanks but no thanks. But this photo makes me realize that maybe those crazies who wake up at 3am to stand in line may actually have the right idea. I am particularly crazy about the dress on the far left, that one shouldered number that would be AMAZING for all the upcoming weddings I have...and I am guessing the price is a tad more wallet-friendly than the other designs I've been spying on Net-a-Porter. Plus, if major designers are really your thing but you don't have the means to deck yourself out head to toe, these designer collaborations with fast fashion retailers like H&M, Target, and Uniqlo really are a great way to get what you want for less. It's the democratization of fashion at its best and opens these designers up to a whole new crowd. And with designs this sleek and sexy, I am pretty sure Lanvin is going to be reaching a very wide, new audience of fans.


(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment