Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Saddle bags have been kind of major lately, and I think they're perfect for the cooler temps. The leather is meant to be worn and the more vintage-looking (aka, the more wear and tear), the cooler it is. So I was particularly besotted when I saw this J.W. Hulme design. I was flipping through the Barneys Co-Op catalog at the gym and was wide eyed with the assortment of glitz, glamour, and everything I instantly wanted. But this bag had a different feel to it. It was less luxe and more made for everyday. It looked like it came from a flea market and had an amazing story behind it. And maybe the part I liked best was that you could really make it your own (and a cool heirloom) since Barneys offers complimentary embossing on the bag. Putting your initials on it would be OH so cool and a sure fire way to have something that no one else has. Now that is cool.


(photo: courtesy of J.W. Hulme)

1 comment:

  1. this bag makes me want to move to boston and cuddle up with cashmere...love it

    ReplyDelete