Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Wear

For some reason on the weekend, I have the hardest time getting dressed. Maybe it's because I am always trying to get myself to go to the gym, so my Lululemon Groove pants are usually a safe bet. My Splendid sweats? I embarrassingly wear them everywhere. But there are those occasions when I'm a bit embarrassed to wear my sweats out and those are the same times when I can't for the life of me figure out what to wear. So, as promised, here's my tips for what to wear to Sunday brunch. I think this comes from all those times when I wore the wrong thing, or got frustrated that I didn't look as cute as everyone else. So through my own trial and error, I've come up with somewhat of a foolproof look. First, is a striped shirt. Obvious, I know, but it still looks crisp each time. I'm pretty loyal to my striped shirts and maybe when it cools down a bit I'll switch the t-shirt out for a sweater. Next is jeans. Weekends=jeans. I've been wearing my skinny JBrands on-end, so I've just switched it up with a pair of Current/Elliott boyfriend jeans. They happen to look super cute with my weekend outfit. The finishing touch is shoes. Ballet flats are usually my go-to, but depending on where I'm going, my Havaianas work too, as do my navy blue TOMS. I can dress it up or dress it down--add a scarf, cardigan, or bracelets--but each time that striped shirt anchors a perfect outfit. Sunday brunch, here I come.

(photo: courtesy of J. Crew)

No comments:

Post a Comment