Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sock Hop

Everyone's worst nightmare is getting stuck at an aiport terminal with a delayed flight. I kind of love wandering the halls of the Jet Blue terminal at JFK. Always my first stop? Muji. The Japenese minimalist brand has amazing knick knacks that you never knew you had to have. Their ankle socks in cool, threaded colors are my absolute favorite. I have them in a ton of fun, different colors and now I don't mind when my pant leg inches up a bit and I flash some sock. Now that I've put the Havaianas away until next summer (and the flats are making ever rarer appearances), the boots are back in rotation and that means socks are part of my everyday look. It's a fun little way to express yourself, even if you're the only one who sees it. Try a fun color, or mix things up with a print. (I had the COOLEST pair of watermelon socks when I was younger.) And next time that flight gets delayed, take a deep breath and go for a walk. You may just stumble upon Muji!


No comments:

Post a Comment