Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gone to London Town

So now that New York Fashion Week is over, the masses have headed across the pond to take in London Fashion Week. The difference? For every plain pair of jeans and white t-shirt here, there's some great prints and patterns that would love downright bold here in the states. Now I'm not saying you should go out and buy a Union Jack to wear plastered across your chest. But, like I've said before, looking at what they wear in other countries can be a great source of inspiration for your daily wares. These graphic prints are way bolder than what I'd normally be comfortable in, but looking at these shots shows me how it's done. Maybe I can incorporate a print or two into a scarf or blouse to start off small and within my comfort zone. It'll challenge me out of my ordinary uniform of solid colors and maybe--just maybe--set me apart from the crowd. So I'll use this as just a little itty bitty building block of my own, unique style.


(photo: courtesy of Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment