Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bobbi's Beauty

If you've been paying attention at all, you've probably realized that this here blog is all about relatable style. I love my fashion magazines as much as the next girl but I crave accessibility. That's why my eyes widened when I saw this awesome tome from makeup maven Bobbi Brown. Covered by a real girl, and not Iman or some other glamazon, the book details real makeup and beauty tricks from the expert. It's a fun read and it does its best (and succeeds) at using makeup and beauty as a means of self expression and ultimately self esteem for girls and young women. I love that it's age appropriate and doesn't tell the reader to be something they're not. It's real, and I dig it. (I also secretly love that Hilary Duff wrote the foreword.)


(photo: courtesy of Amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment