Sunday, August 29, 2010

Opening Ceremony + Agnes b.

Back when I was 16 I was lucky enough to go to Paris for the summer. It was the beginning of my mad love affair with the city and I can relay the details of that trip quite comprehensively. One that I can't forget is the proximity of my dorm room to the cute, French chain Agnes b. Just down the street, me and mes amis Americains would traipse over after class, try on everything in site, and usually walk out with just a canvas backpack, if that. The label was just too cool for us, but as I've gotten older it's become more and more accessible. Now comes word that Opening Ceremony, arguably one of the coolest stores in LA and NYC, is collaborating with the French store on a reissue of some of Agnes b.'s more iconic pieces. The result will undoubtedly be something simply chic and downright downtown cool. It might just be time to restock those snap button cardigans and drawstring backpacks! Counting the minutes...

(photo: courtesy of Opening Ceremony)

No comments:

Post a Comment