Sunday, August 22, 2010

Item of the Weekend

When I first went back east to school, my mom and I went coat shopping in New York to prepare this delicate California flower for the harsh winters ahead. One of my best purchases was this awesome shearling jacket that got its fair share of wear. A rich butterscotch suede on the outside and a warm sheepskin on the inside, it was a bit boxy and large, but definitely did its job and kept me warm. Over the weekend I wandered into Intermix and found a more modern reincarnation of my beloved shearling. This one was a bit more Amelia Earhart than Penny Lane, but the motorcycle cut was a nice twist. The price seemed a little steep but it got my wheels turning. I am dusting off that old number and taking it to my favorite tailor for a little reworking. In no time--and for a fraction of the cost--I just may be able to come close to that beautiful Helmut Lang jacket. 


(photo: courtesy of Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment