Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Investment Pieces

Back when I lived in New York, I worked with someone who taught me some of style's most valuable lessons. I was used to buying heaps of crap from Urban Outfitters and H&M. But each new season would roll around and she'd strategically buy a few more expensive investment pieces that would last for years. They were always more classic, could withstand trends, and she wore them to death because they were just that great. I learned a thing or two about what I really should be buying and ever since, I try and figure out what my investment buys will be each year and season. For fall, these fur-lined boots have my attention. They're a great alternative to Uggs, have a fashionably sleek heel, and the best part is they'll look cute with skirts and dresses. I have a feeling if I buy them that they'll get their fair share of wear, and will look just as cute next fall, and the next. It's a different way of thinking but it certainly makes sense. Now if I could just streamline my list.



(photo: courtesy of Net-a-porter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment