Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Isn't it Romantic?

I'll admit it, I'm the last person to promote celebrity fashion. It may be fun as eye candy, but it's impractical, and just so damn inaccessible. I love flipping through the pages of InStyle just as much as the next girl, but when it comes to things I can actually wear, I usually have to look elsewhere. So maybe I was drawn to this pic because Katie Holmes is actually wearing J. Crew and not some expensive designer dress (photographed for her upcoming role in The Romantics). But aside from the fact that Katie herself looks great, I most noticed the way she was wearing a button down work shirt (in army, one of the colors I can't seem to get enough of), under a cap-sleeved copper dress. When summer ends I usually can't wait to get rid of all my summer dresses, excited for thick knits, and frankly, a bit more coverage. But now that I know how good this textured pairing really looks, I may have to rethink that swap. I can repurpose my chambray button down and use it as a layering piece with even an unexpected summer dress or cocktail number for fall. Quelle surprise!  


(photo: courtesy of J. Crew)

No comments:

Post a Comment