Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Breaking the Rules

I'm all for the idea of rethinking conventional style trends. When you're younger you hear rules and you think you have to follow them. Never wear black and brown together. Never wear white past Labor Day. Never wear socks with sandals. Never double up on denim. I'm here to tell you that these rules can and should be broken. Case in point, look at this pic of Vena Cava designer Lisa Mayock. She's rocking not one, but two denim pieces, and it looks--gasp!--totally cute. They don't match and I think that is what makes it so cool. It's a good thing too because I'm still obsessed with my Levi's denim jacket, and seem to wear my chambray button-down at least once a week. Now I know that no matter the season, I can ignore what I've been told and start wearing my favorite pieces together. I think the more contrast the better. 


(photo: courtesy of Mr. Newton)

No comments:

Post a Comment